10.9.08

Randomnicity and other such splendiferousnesses

Here are my ten random thoughts for the day.
  1. Wyoming needs an offense, or at the very least, someone to lead the one that they already have. From the first two games, it seems that their defense is good, but that old saying that your coach always told you "Defense wins championships" is worth about the same amount that I get paid for writing these posts, if you can't put any points up on the board.
  2. Lisa really likes Project Runway, which is actually pretty funny (the show is funny, not it's funny that Lisa likes it, well maybe it is a little funny that Lisa likes it). In fact, she is watching it this very minute as I type away. My complaint is, who came up with this, and better yet, who did they get to back their idea, because I have a ton of them. Anyone out there with lots of money they don't know what to do with, because I have some great ideas on how to spend it for you.
  3. How can the Yankees not win the World Series every year when they are spending the combined GNP of several third world countries on an annual basis in order to staff the team with the best of the best?

  4. Speaking about money spent on professional athletes, how do they look themselves in the mirror on a daily basis when they pull in $30M a year, and there are people barely scraping by on minimum wage (about $19,000/year and that's with an average of 20 hours of overtime a week). That's roughly 1600 times greater. Even loving sports as much as I do, how can you justify that? How is anyone worth that much money? The really disgusting thing is that the everyday Joe, you and I, are the ones that are financing it. We buy the tickets, jerseys and other paraphernalia, pay for the tv access, etc... Sad.

  5. The college and professional football seasons are barely under way, and we are already hearing news about the upcoming basketball season. One thing at a time please. We all know (especially my wife) that I don't multi-task well. Let me enjoy the wondermicity that is football season before throwing in the boring basketball season. Everyone knows that the only good things about basketball season are a. march madness and b. the NBA playoffs, which occur in JUNE. Let's enjoy football while we can.

  6. I want to find a job in Italy. Anyone know of someone who would pay me good money to work in Italy for a few years. I know that it's even farther from family, but all the more reason for them to come and visit.
  7. I don't like the BCS. I'm not going to even start on the whole playoff vs. bowl game discussion. It's just in a year like this, when the MWC is easily better than the ACC and probably the Big East, we get no recognition unless someone runs the table. It's all about the money.
  8. Lisa wants to put wallpaper up in the kitchen, and she tries to rationalize it by saying that it's just going to be one wall, and she loves fabric and wallpaper is like fabric on walls. I just keep thinking . . . 1970s.
  9. I'm a pansy. My wife wasn't feeling well last week as she was taking massive amounts of hormones and getting ready for youth conference and going to the doctor twice and getting blood drawn. It was a rough week on her. Oh, I forgot to mention a busy week at work. I probably wasn't as sympathetic as I should have been. So I've been feeling sick the last couple of days, and naturally feel that the world should come to a screeching halt because I'm not well. It doesn't, and I'm not sure why. Lisa was working all day and had meetings at night, so I was left to fend for my poor, sad, helpless self. She didn't complain nearly as much as I feel like complaining. She is just tougher than I am.

  10. Back to project runway. I don't get fashion. I don't get "cutting edge" fashion ideas. I mean, you just can't go wrong with jeans and a t-shirt, or jeans and a button-up shirt. Notice the consistency of jeans. I've yet to see anything with jeans on project runway. Hmmm. I guess that's why they don't ask me to be on the show.

2 comments:

D.B. said...

Should have put this on your first football post, but Bridgette can't beleive you said you like football the most, what happen to baseball, or are you seeing the light?

as for fashion and tv shows, we should definitely start our own

D.B. said...

oh yea, and who's villa is that in the pic?

you find someone to pay you well in Italy and I'll be your asst!