8.9.08

Anti-Labor Day

The title of this post might be somewhat misleading. It is not meant to say that I am against this fine holiday. Au contraire. It is meant to say, that is how I spent the day. Not laboring, I was doing the exact opposite of laboring. I was anti-laboring. It was great. The only negative thing that I can think of about that weekend was that it had to end, we had to come home, and everything that we had run away from was still waiting for us when we returned. Go figure. Anyhow, we found a little B&B it the town of Spencer, NY, and it was just far enough away to escape. If anyone is in/around the Spencer area, check it out, it was very nice and relaxing.

We went from not doing anything over the Labor Day weekend, to having to hit the ground running. We spent this last weekend with the stake youth, and it might be the first time that I have ever really felt like an adult. Staying up late and chasing kids back to their tents, telling them to put cell phones away and to pay attention, then mumbling under my breath when they had a smart remark to say to me. That was a response that my dad would have. Good grief.

No comments: