21.9.08

Other things

This post is just to prove that I do have a life outside of football. I write this however as Green Bay is losing to Dallas. Two days, two losses. Maybe I can't post unless sports are involved. With that being said, here are my non sports related thoughts for this coming week.

1. I'm excited for this coming weekend and the grape festival down in Naples. I can already taste that fantastic grape pie!

2. I like/dislike Sunday evenings. It's nice because they are generally relaxing, but I usually put off going to bed until late because I really don't want Monday morning to come.

3. I really like my job. I like working with numbers and statistics. Does that make me a nerd?

4. I'd like to either take a class/buy a book to learn PHP programming. I think that does make me a nerd.

5. My wife wants to put wallpaper up in the kitchen. I think I'm ok with that as long as it's not too busy. There you go Lisa, on-line proof that I am resigned to the fact that we'll be putting up wallpaper.

6. I really like autumn, but it is somewhat bitter sweet. I really like the leaves and the sports (that doesn't count as a sports comment) and the feeling in the air. The bitter part of it is that winter comes right after fall. Icky, not the shuffle, but the adjective.

7. Lisa is taking a quilting class through a local quilting shop. That makes her happy. Lisa happy makes me happy. Broken down, my life is like a very simple mathematical equation. If my wife is happy, so am I. If not, I'm not. Very simple. I still manage to mess that up sometimes.

8. Did I already mention that I'm excited for this coming weekend?

9. My parents are coming in a few weeks to visit. Part of the great thing about living so far away from family, is that it's always good to see them and they are always excited to see you.

10. Even though the Pokes showed their school colors running down their legs, I still can't help but cheer for them. Sorry, couldn't help putting in one comment about Wyoming.

Buona Notte.

2 comments:

D.B. said...

I guess you are a bit nerdy, what's PHP. Hey, if nerdy pays the bills, who cares. Try to be a fan like my kids. There just happy to go and wear their colors. I guess we're lucky to have a Div. 1 team, too bad those 2 defensive touchdowns specifically were just pathetic. Not to mention 9 of our season points were field goals against a AA team. They should a kept the last offensive coach. He atleast had us in the games. Well I'm sorry you had to endure all those pussy cat fans. That second half interviewing Luvell and whomever else was terrible, they didn't even show the game. Well here's to Sunday night. ciao bella

Michelle said...

a quilting class!?!? (this is michelle, by the way.) oh yeah, me and lisa are kindred spirits. (click here: http://mbzross.blogspot.com/2007/10/not-yet.html for proof)
we'll have to meet up someday. I making pincushions at the moment...if you guys aren't careful, you might find one in your mailbox someday, if I get the hang of it.

by the way, will you ask los bluemels to let us see their blog? rossmer[at]gmail[dot]com

we think they like us enough...

I'll let brandon elaborate on football games later.