21.9.08

Manure

Manure is the most polite word that comes to mind when I think of the horrendous event now known as the BYU vs. UW football game. I didn't have any real hope that Wyoming would win the game, but there is (or maybe was once upon a time) such a thing as Wyoming Pride. It just didn't appear anywhere yesterday. Maybe the pride was left at home to make room for all of the offensive firepower in the poke playbook. Not only did the pokes lose in such an ugly fashion, but I was forced to watch the game among the cougar faithful. Because the game is played on the Mountain Network, it is not available anywhere outside of the inter mountain west. Last weekend, we found out that all of the senior missionaries serving at the sites in the Palmyra area got access to the Mountain Network in the basement of the Hill Cumorah Visitor Center. So Lisa and I went and watched the game with all of these die hard BYU fans, who spent the whole game trying to "convert" me to cheering for BYU. They just couldn't quite grasp how I could possibly cheer for Wyoming, and there were some that thought I was almost a heretic for suggesting the bad guys won the game. Little did they know that even though it was several degrees south of awful for the pokes, I would rather suffer through hundreds of games like that than cheer for the Y. That being said, that was just a plain sad game for Wyoming. I mean, how hard is it to generate some offense. To date, Wyoming has scored 40 points through four games. That is a whopping ten points a game. It also must be said that 16 of those points come against a team playing in a lower division. Given that, the pokes are averaging eight points a game against FBS division teams. I don't think that Joe Glenn has been quite the rescue in the coaching department that so many had hoped. This game almost ruined my day, thank goodness it was Saturday, and I got to go to the temple with my wife.

No comments: