24.8.08

An Evolution of Sundays

I had a little bit of free time this Sunday (with emphasis added on the words little and this) and thought a little about how my Sundays have progressed or digressed in the last few years, depending on how you look at it. When Lisa and I first moved to Rochester, we enjoyed church that started at 9am. It was fabulous, getting home early in the day, eating lunch, and then taking a short little nap of about 2 hours or so. That, thought I, was how one was supposed to properly enjoy a sabbath day. It truly was a day of rest, and oh how I looked forward to those days. Now because of church callings, Sundays quite often end up being one of my busiest days of the week. No complaints on my part, but it isn't quite the same day of rest as it was before. I still end up rested, but it's definitely not a physical rest, so in trying to look on the bright side of things, we'll call it a spiritual rest.

No comments: