2.10.08

ci si mangia

I love food. I don't want to weigh more than I should, which I do. I feel that in order to not balloon out 15 and a half dozen sizes, I half to really watch what I eat, and severely limit the foods that I like the most. I also realize that in the whole scheme of things, this is probably not that big of a deal. It is a constant struggle for me, good vs. evil, with a rather blurry line between the good and the evil. As of this minute, and my writing this, I couldn't say which is which.



This is my favorite pasta. I have just found it in the US, and am rather thrilled, though conflicted, which explains my current rant. Besides pasta, cheese and bread are also high on the villain list of evil foods that have combined to make my taste buds explode, as well as my waist line. This isn't a new thing for me either. I don't know if I will ever forget a past friend telling me that maybe I shouldn't buy the good mozzarella. Notice that the adjective used to describe said friend is in reference to the past, as in not present. Bottom line, I like good food, but am worried about wanting to be in shape and wanting to look good. Please feel free to weigh in (no pun intended) with any of your own culinary thoughts.

3 comments:

Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...

You're the reason I started buying good mozzarella! I'll never go back.

D.B. said...

I'm pretty sure i never complained about your food, so i'm good there. And I feel for ya, I often feel like I just want to eat all the time, and usually, it's cookies, brownies or ice cream. So, last week I got back on the horse and I got up at 6 every morning to lift or run for 30-45 minutes. This helps me justify my lack of moderation in certain food departments. Join me Chris, together we can eat the good food and still look good ;)
P.S. granted i might die of clogged arteries but I'll die feeling and looking good, right? LOL

Michelle said...

I think you are hot!!!

(This is Brandon, not Michelle.)

I like bacon. And real butter.