27.10.08

Meanderings of my mind

Halloween is upon us once again, which means that soon the last of the leaves will be down on the ground = lots of raking. It also means that the official holiday season is coming, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Winter is great during this time, but as soon as the holidays are over, I'm ready for winter to be over as well. I don't want it to drag on until the end of March or even April, yet that is what it will do. I've taken to complaining about the weather now, I can't complain about the Pokes, they're too awful to whine about. I can hear my dad asking me if I want some cheese to go with that whine, and the answer is yes.


I also have to confess to being addicted to Facebook. It helps me to remember how many people that I know, and (sorry) might have forgotten about, and it has been fun to reconnect with people from different stages of my life. At one point in my life I did more than just get up and go to work and then go to church meetings, and do chores (sometimes). I guess I'm just living the dream.


So I got a call from one of the high school coaches in Lander about an awards ceremony for all-time football records for the high school. They wanted me to come for the game between Lander and Riverton, which would have been fun, but just not possible. It was funny to think of that time in my life and it made me get out some old pictures and it seems like a completely different life to me now. Fun to think about and fun to remember. Ciao.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh, man, do I have some great memories about the Riverton vs. Lander games!! Remember when there was the big fight and we couldn't play night games against each other for years and years? I wonder how the teams are this year?!?!?!?