28.10.08

Alex


My dog, Alex, was put to sleep today around 4pm, and I must admit to shedding more than a few tears for him. I guess I should say that he was more my parent's dog than mine, but I always say that he's mine. We got Alex the summer between my freshman and sophomore year in high school, and he immediately became a part of our wacky home. Until I went away to school, Alex slept on my bed, and in fact when Lisa and I got married, she joked that I was just upgrading who I slept with. I have many fond memories of my little friend Alex, and will miss him quite a lot. One memory that really stands out in my mind is the day I came home from my mission. We had all speculated as to whether or not Alex would remember me after being gone for two years. When I walked into the house and sat down, he came running up to me and started sniffing, and then rolled over and started whining. Maybe he started whining because of my smell, but I would like to think that he remembered me and was welcoming me home. He was definitely the baby in our family and treated as such, and we will all miss our little dog Alex. Bark Bark.

3 comments:

Greg said...

Lo siento mucho por haber perdido a tu amigo.

Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...

:( We lost the dog of my childhood two summers ago, we buried him in the front yard. Miss him, but not the dog hair.