24.5.09

Good Samaritan II

I think that I have been redeemed for the Bloody Mary incident last week. Lisa went to a baptism this morning at 10:00 and I was going to meet up with some friends to go and watch a movie. As I was getting ready to go, the door bell rang, I answered and saw a older gentleman and a young man dressed up. They introduced themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses and asked if they could read me a scripture. I said sure, thinking back on the many conversations I'd had with people on my mission and the fact that it didn't hurt me to talk for a few minutes on a beautiful, sunny day. They read their scripture to me, out of the gospel of Matthew, and asked me a few questions. They also said that they had an article in a magazine that helped to explain what the scripture meant, and asked if they could leave me a copy. I said sure, but then said, only if I could give them something in return. I ran back into the house and grabbed two pamphlets about the Hill Cumorah Pageant. I said that I was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints, and that we had a pageant in July, had they ever heard of it and would they like to come? They quickly thanked me and left. Way to go Chris.

1 comment:

D.B. said...

works every time LOL