12.10.08

Packerishness


My parents came to visit us this last week, so we got to go and do a number of fun things. It has been a beautiful week weather wise, and we got to enjoy a lot in the great outdoors (as great as that can be in the Rochester area) especially the spectacular fall foliage.

My dad loves Wegmans. We came to the Pittsford Wegmans store like three or four times in the week that they were here. It is a pretty fantastic store. It helps to keep me in my authentic Italian cheeses and breads and meats, as well as all the other great foods that I love to eat.

We went to the great Letchworth State Park (the Grand Canyon of the East - they obviously haven't seen the real thing) and had fun enjoying all of the beautiful leaves and waterfalls and hot air balloons. Lots of fun.

It was fun to see the balloons out over the falls.

We went fishing on a charter boat out on Lake Ontario. We had a great time and of course, I caught the biggest fish.

We also took the boat up the river trying for some salmon. No luck with the salmon, but we had some great views of the river gorge and the foliage.

On our last day with my parents here, we went to the Powers family farm for some pumpkin fun. It really made Lisa happy and it was amazing to see so many pumpkins all in one place. Plus I got to get some good sour apple licorice. Hmmm. Life is good.

No comments: